Monday, May 14, 2012

Day 6 - Sunday, May 13th

Hello my fellow bloggers,
Sunday was the special day of Yad Vashem. Not only was it special, but also I think it was safe to say that every one of us on bus990 felt even more of a connection to Judaism. I, myself, was not only emotional the entire tour, but it also was a life changing event for me. Waking up at 8 am has still been a struggle; safe to say I have made it late to most of the planned activities for this trip. But, what I really am trying to say is- how could I have complained for this after having the sensation walking out of the last exhibit we went through? The indescribable emotions after Yad Vashem were feelings I know I will never have again. After having a grandmother that survived the Holocaust, I had even a stronger admiration for my hero. When seeing the visuals and hearing the truth of the Holocaust, this reality continued to be a dream that I cannot visualize. When the tour was complete, which by the way we had an amazing guide, we had lunch at the museum. For me, I was not a fan (Israeli food is not my forte), but being with everyone was what I truly was looking forward to doing.  After Yad Vashem, bus 990 took our way to Ben Yahuda Street where we shopped until we dropped. We were all very excited and ready to complete our memorable day by eating and getting gifts for our family members. The street was so lively and full of shops and amazing restaurants! I can truly say that this trip so far has been not only a life-changing event, but also more of a memory I will cherish forever. Good night everyone, and keep reading our amazing blogs because I can say for sure my parents are extremely jealous!

Shalom,
Sarah Flam






No comments:

Post a Comment