Monday, May 14, 2012

Day 7 - Monday, May 14th

Today, my mind and heart took in Israel’s history and legacy.  When Bus 990 visited Mount Hertzl, we paid our respects to the fallen soldiers of the IDF, Israel Defense Force and to past prime ministers such as Yitzhak Rabin, my respect and passion for Israel and its astounding history only made me love this country more. After that, we headed on over to Tel Aviv, to the Independence Hall where on May 14th, 1948, Israel was declared an independent state. I can definitely admit being right in front of the podium where David Ben Gurion, Israel’s first prime minister, signed the Israel’s Declaration of Independence only has me awed at the power line of previous leader we have had in the past. Finally, we went to Jaffa, an outdoor, with ton of vendors who were loud and vying for our attention. But its their job, what can I say? Overall, an amazing day with a group of amazing people in an absolutely amazing country.

Love Liz Faeder and the BUS 990 CREW





No comments:

Post a Comment